James Love and James K. Glassman, Don’t Kill Competition for High-Tech Drugs, Roll Call, Sept. 9, 2009.
- James Love and James K. Glassman, Don’t Kill Competition for High-Tech Drugs, Roll Call, Sept. 9, 2009.
- 20 July 2009. Ceci Connolly, Washington Post. “With Health Reform, Waxman Takes On Another Tall Order“
- 20 July 2009. James Love, Knowledge Ecology Notes. “Howard Dean as a shill for BIO, on Biosimilars bill“
- 20 July 2009. James Love, The Huffington Post. “Howard Dean — Now a Shill for BIO“
- 17 July 2009. James Love, The Huffington Post. “Joe Trippi Admits He Works for BIO, While He Plugs BIO Bill in HuffPo“
- 13 July 2009. Timothy Noah, Slate Magazine. “An Amgen Payoff? Why is Ted Kennedy being so nice to the biotech industry?“
Background Documents and Links
- Essential Action’s page on Biogenerics
- 10 June 2009. FTC press release. FTC Releases Report on “Follow-on Biologic Drug Competition”
June 2009. Federal Trade Commission Report. Emerging Health Care Issues: Follow-on Biologic Drug Competitio
- 18 June 2009. Maureen Martino, FierceBiotech. “Biologics will dominate in 2014 “
- 20 July 2009. Letter to Members of Congress from Public Health Groups and State Legislators to Oppose Biogenerics Proposal.
- 16 July 2009. KEI statement urging Congress to reject the 12-14.5 year monopoly for biologic products provided in H.R.1548.
- 14 July 2009. Letter from the American Medical Student Association, Essential Action, and Universities Allied for Essential Medicines to the American Association of Universities.
- 22 April 2009. Senate and House versions of the letter from Consumer, Patient and Public Health Groups and Unions endorsing the bipartisan Promoting Innovation and Access to Life-Saving Medicine Act (S. 726).