KEI submissions to the WHO Model List of Essential Medicines (EML)
- 14 January 2013, Knowledge Ecology International (KEI), the University of California (San Francisco), Universities Allied for Essential Medicines (UAEM), Third World Network (TWN) and Young Professionals Chronic Disease Network: YP-CDN submitted a Proposal for the Inclusion of Trastuzumab in the WHO Model List of Essential Medicines for the Treatment of HER2-Positive Breast Cancer to WHO’s Expert Committee on the Selection and Use of Essential Medicines.
- December 2016, Knowledge Ecology International, Application for inclusion of enzalutamide.
- December 2016, Knowledge Ecology International, Application for inclusion of trastuzumab emtansine (TDM-1).
- January 2019, Knowledge Ecology International, Application for addition of Medicines for metastatic prostate cancer.
- December 2020, Knowledge Ecology International, Proposal for the inclusion of enzalutamide.
KEI statements on the EML
- 20 April 2015, KEI statement to WHO 20th Expert Committee on the Selection and Use of Essential Medicines.
- 12 April 2016, KEI comment on WIPO report on patents landscape for the WHO essential medicines list.
KEI materials on the EML
- 2 March 2007, Letter to WHO on the Essential Medicines List.
- 4 August 2011, Approval, ownership, market structure, and placement on WHO EML for 100 new cancer NMEs on NCI alpha list.
- 8 May 2015, WHO Expert Committtee adds trastuzumab, imatinib, daclatasvir, sofosbuvir, bedaquiline and delaminid to EML.