Today five groups filed the attached comments to the U.S. Copyright Office and the USPTO regarding the WIPO draft proposal to facilitate access to copyrighted works for persons, who are blind, have visual impairments and other reading disabilities in response to the Federal Register Notice of October 13, 2009.
The comments were signed by
- Dr. Manon Ress, Knowledge Ecology International (KEI)
- Cynthia Waddell, Executive Director, International Center for Disability Resources on the Internet (ICDRI)
- Scott Lissner, Chair of Government Relations and Public Policy, the Association on Higher Education And Disability (AHEAD)
- Jo Anne Simon, President, New York Branch of the International Dyslexia Association (NYBIDA) and
- Dr. Cynthia Stuen, Senior Vice President, Policy, Evaluation & Education, Lighthouse International.
In addition, a separate comment was filed by James Love of KEI.
You can still send your comments until 5pm EST today (and your reply comments until December 4, 2009) here