- Amy T Wang, Christopher P McCoy, Mohammad Hassan Murad and Victor M Montori, “Association between industry affiliation and position on cardiovascular risk with rosiglitazone: cross sectional systematic review,” British Medical Journal, cite as BMJ 2010;340:c1344, doi:10.1136/bmj.c1344, 18 March 2010.
- Ed Silverman, India Proposes Punishment For Docs Who Take Gifts, Pharmalot, March 15, 2010.
- Will state medical councils wield the scalpel,Business Standard, March 15, 2010.
- John Fauber, As universities tighten ethics policies, drug firms turn to private physicians to promote products, Journal Sentinel, March 14, 2010.
- Sue Dunlevy, Drug-makers give health groups millions, The Daily Telegraph, February 23, 2010.
- Ed Silverman, India’s Docs Get New Rules For Pharma Dealings, Pharmalot. January 4, 2010.
- Ed Silverman, NAMI Runs A Survey On Pharma Funding, Pharmalot, December 15, 2009.
- John M Grohol, NAMI: Nearly 75 Percent of Donations from Pharma, PhychCentral.com, October 22, 2009.
- Gardiner Harris, Drug Makers Are Advocacy Group’s Biggest Donors, New York Times, October 21, 2009.
- Gardiner Harris, Institute of Medicine Calls for Doctors to Stop Taking Gifts From Drug Makers, New York Times, April 28, 2009.
- Who Supports Fibromyalgia Patient Advocacy? , Health Care Renewal blog, February 10, 2009.
2008 and earlier
- Maurie Markman, The increasingly complex world of cancer patient advocacy organizations, Current Oncology Reports, Volume 10, Number 1 / January, 2008, ISSN 1523-3790 (Print) 1534-6269 (Online), DOI 10.1007/s11912-008-0001-3
- Barbara Mintzes, Should patient groups accept money from drug companies? No, BMJ 2007;334:935 (5 May), doi:10.1136/bmj.39185.394005.AD
- A Call for Pharmaceutical Industry Disclosure of Charitable and Educational Donations. July 26, 2007.
- Sarah Boseley, Drug firms and patient groups join in fight to overturn advertising ban, The Guardian, Monday 21 May 2007.
- Douglas E Ball, Klara Tisocki email and Andrew Herxheimer, Advertising and disclosure of funding on patient organisation websites: a cross-sectional survey, BMC Public Health 2006, 6:201doi:10.1186/1471-2458-6-201.
- Sharon Batt, Marching to Different Drummers: Health Advocacy Groups in Canada and Funding from the Pharmaceutical Industry, Women and Health Protection, January, 2005.
- Andrew Herxheimer, Relationships between the pharmaceutical industry and patients’ organisations, BMJ 2003;326:1208-1210 (31 May), doi:10.1136/bmj.326.7400.1208
Novartis Patient group support. This page lists groups, but not amounts.
Pfizer web page on support for U.S. Medical, Scientific, Patient and Civic Organization Grants, Charitable Contributions & Other Funding Requests.
Pfizer’s US Medical, Scientific, Patient and Civic Organization Funding Reports
Pfizer’s 2008 list of European patient groups receiving support.
Pfizer’s 2008 UK PAG disclosure
Grants & Charitable Contributions to US Based Healthcare Organizations: 2009.
Registry of Grants and Contributions Funded by Lilly
Lilly’s 2008 UK Report of Patient Organisation Support.
Merck web page on Grants to Medical, Scientific and Patient Organizations. Merck has this web page to report grants to Grants to Medical, Scientific and Patient Organizations.
Partial list of organizations receiving grants from Gilead Foundation.
Genzyme only appears to disclose grants to patient groups when required to by the European Union.