On April 19, 2018, KEI filed a lawsuit against the NIH license of CD30 CAR T patents to Gilead.
On April 11, 2019, the lawsuit was dismissed on the grounds that KEI lacked standing.
- January 5, 2018. 2018: Briefing note on NIH proposed license to Gilead for CD-30 CAR T technology.
- February 27, 2018. 2018: KEI Appeals NIH/NCI Decision to Proceed with License of CD30 CAR T technology to Gilead/Kite.
- April 29, 2018. 2018: KEI sues NIH over license of CD30 CAR T patents to Gilead.
- June 8, 2018. 2018: NIH files motion to dismiss in KEI/NIH/Gilead CAR T license lawsuit.
- June 26, 2018. 2018: KEI files opposition to motion to dismiss in KEI v. NIH et al..
- October 15, 2018. 2018: Notes from October 15, 2018 hearing on the KEI v NIH lawsuit over the Gilead CAR T patent license.
- April 12, 2019. Litigation: KEI lawsuit over NIH/Gilead CAR T License Dismissed over Lack of Standing.
- 2018. April 20. Nate Raymond, Nonprofit sues over NIH licensing of cancer tech to Gilead, Reuters
- 2018. April 20. Greg Langlois, Gilead License on Promising Cancer Treatment Goes to Court, Bloomberg Law
- 2018. April 24. Mark Terry, KEI Sues NIH Over Gilead CAR-T Patents, PharmaLive
- 2018. June 8. NIH Asks Court To Dismiss KEI CAR-T Licensing Lawsuit, Inside Health Policy
- 2018. June 28. Alexander Zaitchik, How Big Pharma Was Captured by the One Percent, New Republic
- Original complaint, April 19, 2018
- NIH motion to dismiss, June 08, 2018
- NIH motion to dismiss memorandum of law, June 08, 2018
- NIH motion to dismiss Berkeley declaration, June 08, 2018
- KEI opposition to NIH motion to dismiss, June 25, 2018
- Declaration of James Packard Love, June 25, 2018
- NIH reply to KEI opposition to motion to dismiss, July 03, 2018
- Order on motion to dismiss, October 17, 2018
- KEI supplemental brief on motion to dismiss, December 03, 2018
- NIH supplemental brief on motion to dismiss, January 28, 2019
- Declaration of Mark Rohrbaugh, January 28, 2019
- KEI reply to the NIH supplemental brief, February 06, 2019
- Supplemental Declaration of James Packard Love, February 06, 2019
- Memorandum opinion, April 11, 2019
- Final order of judgement, April 11, 2019