World Health Assembly, May 2001
- May 21, 2001.
Health GAP Report on the 54th World Health Assembly.
- May 18, 2001. CPT/Essential Action Comments on the
World Health Assembly.
- May 17, 2001.
HealthGAP Coalition Release on
the World Health Assembly.
- May 15, 2001. Joint press release from HAI Europe, Health Gap Coalition,
ACT UP Paris, and Oxfam UK.
Public interest NGOs demand that the Global Health Fund meets poor countries’
needs, not those of industry.
- May 14, 2001. MSF Press release.
Access to Essential Medicines: Can the World Health Organization Do More?
- May, 2001. Statement of South African Health
Minister Dr. Manto Tshabalala-Msimang.
- May, 2001. Health Action International.
Report on the 54th World Health Assembly. (MS Word format.)
- Statements on the Revised Drug Strategy
Selected Resolutions, in the proposed form and the final form
- WHA 54.10: Scaling up the Response to HIV/AIDS
- WHA 54.11: WHO Medicines Strategy (formerly known as the Revised Drug Strategy)
World Health Assembly Documents
Index of official WHA documents. Contains links to the documents, which
are in pdf format.
- May 22, 2001. WHO press release.
World Health Assembly Endorses WHO’s Strategic Priorities.
- May 14, 2001.
Address by Gro Harlem Brundtland, Director General of the World Health Organization.
- May 11, 2001. WHO press release.
2001 World Health
- May 21, 2001. Clare Nullis for the Associated Press.
World Health Assembly adopts weakened statement on AIDS.
- May 19, 2001. Reuters.
Brazil claims victory on draft AIDS resolution.
- May 18, 2001. The Economist.
A Cure for High Prices.
- May 18, 2001. Steven Pincock for Reuters.
WHO to adapt AIDS Resolution