Sanofi $9.3 Billion Medivation Bid
- 28 April 2016. Ben Hirschler and Leigh Thomas. Sanofi launches $9.3 billion fight for U.S. cancer firm Medivation. Reuters.
- 28 April 2016. Helen Thomas. Sanofi / Medivation: Deal-Making Déjà Vu Comes With Added Competition. WSJ.
- 28 April 2016. Ben Adams. UPDATED: Sanofi offers $9.3B for Medivation as biotech mulls offer. FierceBiotech.
- 28 April 2016. Chad Bray and Andrew Pollack. Sanofi Offers to Buy Drug Maker Medivation for $9.3 Billion. New York Times.
- 28 April 2016. Ed Silverman. A frustrated Sanofi makes $9.3 billion bid for Medivation and its cancer drug. Pharmalot/STAT.
Biolyse $3 Per Pill Offer
- 29 April 2016. Nicole Gray. Canadian drugmaker tells CMS it can make cheaper version of cancer drug Xtandi. BioPharmaDive.
- 28 April 2016. Surabhi Dangi-Garimella. Will CMS Accept Offer of a 95% Cheapter Enzalutamide? AJMC.com.
- 27 April 2016. Ed Silverman. Small company offers Medicare cheap version of pricey cancer drug. Pharmalot/STAT.
- 26 April 2016. Karena Walter. Niagara company offers U.S. cheaper cancer drug. Fort Erie Times.
March 28 Congressional Letter
- 1 May 2016. Tony Hagen. Enzalutamide Pricing Debate Goes to Washington. OncLive.
- 7 April 2016. Jeannie Baumann. NIH Pulls Back on Using Bayh-Dole for Drug Pricing. Bloomberg BNA.
- 31 March 2016. Todd Campbell. How Biotech Is Getting Berned by Sanders. The Motley Fool.
- 30 March 2016. Congress calls for public hearing on Astellas’ pricing of Xtandi in USA. The Pharma Letter.
- 30 March 2016. Joseph Allen. NIH Pressured to Misuse Bayh-Dole to Control Drug Prices. IPWatchdog.
- 30 March 2016. Donna Young. Analysts: Xtandi March-In Demands ‘Noise,’ ‘Misguided’. Scripintelligence.
- 30 March 2016. Mike Botta. Lawmakers Seek to Rein in High Cost of Prostate Drug. Pharmaceutical Processing.
- 30 March 2016. Max Nisen. Bernie Sanders’ Bad Medicine for Drug Prices. Bloomberg Gadfly.
- 30 March 2016. Kaiser Health News Morning Briefing.
- 29 March 2016. Bronwyn Mixter. Lawmakers Urge HHS to Act to Cut Price of Astellas Drug Xtandi. Bloomberg BNA.
- 29 March 2016. Todd Campbell. Why Medivation Shares Are Tanking Today. The Motley Fool.
- 29 March 2016. Jayson Derrick. Medivation Drops 12% After Congress Asks To Examine Xtandi Drug Price. Benzinga.
- 29 March 2016. Meg Tirrell. Congressmen target Medivation drug. CNBC.
- 29 March 2016. Hannah Ishmael. Medivation Inc: Canaccord Comments Negatively as Congress Challenges Xtandi Price. Bidness Etc.
- 29 March 2016. Sen. Klobuchar aims to fix drug price gouging. CNBC.
- 29 March 2016. Amy Reeves. Medivation Stock Hit After Congress Targets Cancer Drug Price. Investors Business Daily.
- 29 March 2016. Charley Grant. Drug Pricing Issue Still Plagues Biotech. Wall Street Journal.
- 29 March 2016. Emma Court. Americans pay 300% more for this prostate cancer drug than much of the rest of the world. MarketWatch. Also available at Wall Street Journal, published as Lawmakers Target Medivation Over Drug Prices.
- 29 March 2016. Linda A. Johnson. Pricey prostate cancer drug’s makers targeted by Congress. Associated Press.
- 29 March 2016. Lydia Ramsey. Shares of a small drugmaker tanked after it became the target of Congress’ fight against high drug prices. Business Insider.
- 29 March 2016. Arpita Dutt. Medivation Prostate Cancer Drug Xtandi under Pricing Attack. Zacks.
- 29 March 2016. Dan Diamond. SANDERS AND FELLOW DEMS TARGET PROSTATE CANCER DRUG. POLITICO.
- 29 March 2016. Meg Tirrell. New twist in targeting drug pricing debate. CNBC.
- 28 March 2016. Susan Kelly. U.S. lawmakers want health agencies to lower prostate cancer drug cost. Reuters.
- 28 March 2016. Democrats ask NIH for Xtandi march-in hearing. BioCentury.
- 28 March 2016. Ed Silverman. Sanders, other lawmakers seek NIH hearing to override drug patent. Pharmalot/STAT.
- 28 March 2016. Ned Pagliarulo. Sanders, other lawmakers urge NIH to consider patent override on cancer drug. BioPharma Dive.
March 2 HHS Response to Doggett
- 24 March 2016. Dentons – John M. Clerici and Phillip Bradley. What you need to know about retained rights in federally funded patented drugs. Lexology.
- 14 March 2016. Marcus J. Hopkins. Bayh-Dole Threat Sits Idle. communityaccessnationnetwork.
- 9 March 2016. Sy Mukherjee. The White House Has Rejected a Controversial Way to Fight High Drug Prices. Fortune.
- 8 March 2016. Ed Silverman. Obama administration rejects congressional push to override drug patents. Pharmalot/STAT.
- 8 March 2016. John T. Aquino. Congressman Says HHS Should License Generics of Astellas’s Xtandi. Bloomberg BNA.
- 8 March 2016. Burwell: Guidance on march-in rights not needed. BioCentury.
- 8 March 2016. Emily Wasserman. HHS says ‘no’ to ‘march-in’ request from Congress on rising drug prices. FiercePharma.
- 7 March 2016. Peter Sullivan. HHS rejects Dems’ push on high drug prices. The Hill.
- 4 March 2016. Teresa Watanabe. UCLA will get hundreds of millions for rights to prostate cancer drug. LA Times.
Burwell February 10 Hearing
- 12 February 2016. Emily Wasserman. Burwell says HHS is considering ‘march-in’ on skyrocketing drug prices. FiercePharma.
- 10 February 2016. Peter Sullivan. HHS considering action on drug patents over high prices. The Hill.
KEI/UACT Petition to NIH on Xtandi
- 21 January 2016. Joseph Allen. Bayh-Dole Under March-in Assault: Can It Hold Out? IPWatchdog.
- 15 January 2016. Patient advocates petition US gov’t to lower cost of $129K cancer drug partly funded by taxpayers. Russia Today.
- 14 January 2016. Ed Silverman. Taxpayer money helped create this cancer drug. Should we be able to force the price down? Pharmalot/STAT.
- 14 January 2016. Carolyn Y. Johnson. Taxpayers helped fund this $129,000 cancer drug. Should the government help cut the price? Washington Post.
- 14 January 2016. Emily Wasserman. NIH urged to ‘break taboo’ against using its power to bypass drug patents. FiercePharma.
- 14 January 2016. Emily Wasserman. NIH and HHS get ‘march-in’ request for Astellas’ Xtandi. FiercePharma.
- 14 January 2016. NIH asked to march in on Xtandi’s price. BioCentury.
House Democrats Letter on March-in Guidelines
- 11 January 2016. Emily Wasserman UPDATED: Congressional reps urge the NIH to ‘march in’ on rising drug prices. FiercePharma.
- 11 January 2016. Kimberly Leonard. Can the Government Already Control Drug Prices? U.S. News & World Report.
- 11 January 2016. Michael Mezher. Lawmakers Urge HHS to Exercise ‘March-in’ Rights to Fight Higher Drug Costs. RAPS Regulatory Focus.