Context and history, and areas of current work.
Some current controversies
- Litigation: KEI v. NIH et al.
- 2019, January 10. KEI Comments Regarding the NIST Special Publication 1234 Draft Green Paper on Return on Public Investment
- 2018, November 30. NIH Director Dr. Francis Collins falsely asserts Bayh-Dole safeguards do not address excessive pricing abuses.
- 2018, March 16. KEI Briefing Note 2018:1. Bayh-Dole Obligations to Disclose Federal Funding in Patented
- 2017. July 21. House Appropriations rejects Kaptur amendment (allow competition for gov funded drugs if prices higher than reference countries)
- 2017, July 17. Senate Armed Services Committee directive on use of Bayh-Dole rights for DoD funded drugs.
- 2017, June 6. KEI asks the Department of Health and Human Services to adopt a policy on licensing CRISPR patents
- 2016, December 17. KEI comments to NIST on Bayh-Dole Act Regulations.
- 2016, September 23. Differences between the march-in, royalty free right, and government use options
- 2016, September 17. NIH Waivers for U.S. Manufacturing Requirements for Federally-Funded Drugs
A few older pages
- 2012, August 24. Birch Bayh’s competing interests and evolving views
- 2009, September 2.Some general notes on the Bayh-Dole Act. (A bit dated now, but still has some useful background.)
- 2001, March 28. Letter to US Secretary of Health and Human Services Tommy Thompson regarding access to NIH funded patents
- 2001, March 28. Letter from Ralph Nader, James Love and Robert Weissman to HHS Secretary Tommy Thompson, regarding WHO right to use NIH funded inventions
- 2001, July 6. Letter from DHHS Secretary Tommy G. Thompson letter to Ralph Nader Regarding WHO rights to use inventions funded by the NIH
- 1999, October 21. Letter from Dr. Varmus rejecting “standardized transfer of manufacturing and distribution rights to the WHO or any other nonprofit organization”
- 1999, September 3. Letter to NIH asking that WHO have right to use NIH funded inventions
- 1980, September 23. Views of Representatives Jack Brooks and Toby Moffett on Bayh-Dole Act, HOUSE REPORT NO. 96-1307 (Part II), SEPT. 23, 1980