(Update: A video recording of the full event is available on our YouTube channel. For a copy of the Zoom chat during the event, please reach out to the contact email below.)
On Wednesday September 30, 2020, the Transatlantic Consumer Dialogue (TACD) will host a webinar concerning, “Controlled Digital Lending in a Pandemic.” The event will feature speakers discussing the US, European, and international perspectives. Below are the agenda and information on how to register to attend.
Controlled Digital Lending in a Pandemic
Date: September 30, 2020
Time: 14:00 – 16:30 UTC (16:00 – 18:30 CET // 10:00-12:30 EST)
Welcoming and introduction: Manon Ress (KEI), Agustin Reyna (BEUC)
Moderator/timekeeper: Manon Ress, Knowledge Ecology International (KEI)
- Dave Hansen, Associate University Librarian for Research, Collections & Scholarly
Communications, Duke University Libraries
- Meredith Rose, Public Knowledge
- Umair Kazi, Authors Guild
- Corynne McSherry, Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Chris Freeland, The Internet Archive
- Cailyn Nagle, U.S. Public Interest Research Group (PIRG)
- James Love, KEI
- Chris Weston, US Copyright Office
Moderator/timekeeper: Frederico Oliveira Da Silva, European Consumer Organisation (BEUC)
- Julia Reda, Gesellschaft für Freiheitsrechte e.V.
- Severine Dusollier, SciencesPo
- Marco Giorello, European Commission
Moderator/timekeeper: Teresa Hackett, Electronic Information for Libraries (EIFL)
- Stephen Wyber, International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA)
- Luis Villarroel Villalón, Corporación Innovarte
Details to join: The webinar will take place via the Zoom platform. A link will be sent to the speakers and participants by September 29, 2020. To register, please email CDL@keionline.org.
A PDF version of the agenda is available here.